Detailed Job Description
Job title: Senior Planner
Reporting to: Project Manager
Salary: TBC – Staff or Contracting
Purpose of the position
Working within a pharmaceutical environment, the successful candidate will be joining our project management team, who are to plan, manage and successfully deliver a five-week shutdown project. Operating within a live production environment and to a clean-build protocol, the Senior Planner is to join the project 9 weeks prior to commencement of the main works; liaising with the key stakeholders, client team and supporting contractors to assist in compiling the vast works list, the WBS and through level 1-4 programme prior to shutdown commencement. The Senior Planner must be able to actively seek out and process information in order to develop and construct a detailed level 4 schedule.
Responsibilities and duties
• Active engagement with client stakeholders to compile the works list/WBS/Level 1-4 programme. Works ranging from minor building fabric maintenance to critical GMP works within the Aseptic Filling Suite.
• Maintain, review and administer construction schedules and plans
• Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
• Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the construction development
• Keep the client team up to date on progress including extensive daily reporting
• Present information for internal meetings on the project
• Problem solving
• Produce tender plans to support bids
Academic and trade qualifications
• Relevant planning qualifications including Project Management and Project Controls
• Accredited to relevant professional body
• Minimum of 10 year’s experience
• PRINCE 2 Methodology
• SIX SIGMA
Work experience and skills
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate suitable experience, skills and knowledge applicable to the role, this would include:
• Demonstrate experience of completing the Senior Planner role on pharmaceutical shutdown/TAR
• Experience providing daily progress and reporting to Senior Management
• Experience of working in a high-pressure environment within a large team
• TAR/Shutdown experience in other manufacturing industries i.e. Food.
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
The Senior Planner will form an integral part of the project team, as such the successful candidate must have a broad range of skills, including:
• An energetic and pro-active approach to information gathering and stakeholder management
• The ability to adapt under pressure and work quickly to realign the programme to fast moving changes.
• Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
• Understanding engineering principles
• Time management and planning
• Methodological approach
• High Attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, Asta PowerProject and Primavera P6
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Strong Problem solving
• Budget and financial management
• Work as part of a team and individually
• A Site Management background is beneficial
At SEP Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email Grace Stoker on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 01695 317950
Covering letter and CV desired please.